Who should attend a Leader-Training workshop?Teachers and afterschool leaders who want to use the CryptoClub curriculum to teach cryptography and mathematics in afterschool programs are encouraged to attend. Leaders need not be mathematics teachers—just enthusiastic about math. No prior cryptography experience is required.
What happens at a Leader-Training workshop?Participants will learn how to
- teach cryptography in fun and engaging ways
- incorporate middle-school mathematics into the informal learning environment
- use a variety of games, internet activities and stories to engage their students
- meet other teachers and afterschool leaders from around the country
- hear from people with experience teaching Cryptography in a variety of different settings
- experience the joys of Chicago in the summertime
What happens at a Video Tutorial workshop?Those who have already attended a CryptoClub Leader-Training Workshop will learn how to help their students produce video tutorials on cryptography and mathematics topics.
How much does it cost to attend a Leader-Training workshop?The registration fees are $150 for the CryptoClub Leader-Training Workshop and $50 for the Video Tutorial Workshop. The workshops are partially supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation.
How do I apply to come to a CryptoClub Workshop?You may register for any of the workshops by going to our online registration page.
Workshop Schedule and Travel InformationClick here for more details (pdf).
For further information contact Debra Levine.