Bachelor of Science in the Teaching of Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, in conjunction with the College of Education, offers a state-approved program of study that leads to a bachelor's degree and a secondary school teaching certification in mathematics. To be eligible for certification, candidates must complete requirements in general education courses, professional education courses, and selected mathematics courses.
- MSCS General Advising Guide
- Information on what you need to know about getting started as an MSCS major and working toward graduation.
- Required Coursework
- A helpful list of required courses in the Math major.
- LAS Graduation Requirements
- A source of all general education, residence and GPA requirements for graduation from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Office of Mathematics Education (OME)
- The OME home page is a valuable resource for all students interested in pursuing a career in mathematics teaching.