Thanks to all who attended this workshop!
We look forward to hearing about your CryptoClubs! Please help us by completing this exit survey.
Who should attend a Leader-Training workshop?
Teachers and afterschool leaders who want to use the CryptoClub curriculum to teach cryptography and mathematics in afterschool programs are encouraged to attend. Leaders need not be mathematics teachers—just enthusiastic about math. No prior cryptography experience is required.
What happens at a Leader-Training workshop?
Participants will learn how to
- teach cryptography in fun and engaging ways
- incorporate middle-school mathematics into the informal learning environment
- use a variety of games, internet activities and stories to engage their students
- meet other teachers and afterschool leaders from around the country
- hear from people with experience teaching Cryptography in a variety of different settings
- experience the joys of Chicago in the summertime
How much does it cost to attend a Leader-Training workshop?
The registration fees are $150 for the CryptoClub Leader-Training Workshop, which includes breakfast and lunch each day. The workshop are partially supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation.
How do I apply to come to a CryptoClub Workshop?
You may register for the workshop by going to our online registration page.
When and Where
The workshop meets 8:00am - 4:00pm on June 27-28; and 8:00am - 2:00pm on June 29. We will meet at the Chicago Theological Seminary on the campus of the University of Chicago (1407 East 60th Street, Chicago, IL 60637)
For further information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.